CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

A Weekend In The Life...

Well, another weekend has come and gone. They never really seem to last long enough do they? I know they don't for me! My poor boyfriend, he doesn't seem to know what a weekend or even a day off is. Such is the life of the "on-call mechanic". I know I would be terrible at being "on-call" for anything. I'd probably never answer the phone (Thank goodness for caller ID!). Poor Rich got called into be at work at 9:30 on Sunday night and didn't end up leaving until around 2 AM, plus had to be back by about 8 AM. What kind of crap is that? I kind of worry our relationship might suffer for it. I would never ask him to put me before his work but I'd actually like to get to see him for more than a day! But it's only been 2 months (today officially) that we've been together, guess we'll have to wait and see where the situation takes us. I know I'm not quite ready to give up yet!

Friday night, we did the usual Clearview thing. I, of course, had to work until 11 but showed up to find Rich hanging out with my friends, April, Tyler, and Bill. I can't tell you how much that makes me happy! I really want them to be his friends too and he's so painfully shy and quiet, I really wondered how it was going to work out. Most of my friends are NOT on the quiet side, especially when they get a little alcohol in them! Rich, on the other hand, barely speaks most of the time (sober or otherwise) and I feel so bad for him because it seems like he's not having a good time. I understand that's probably just how he is, but he really does need to talk more! I notice he's slowly getting more comfortable with certain people, Steph, Dustin, April, Tyler. I think being quiet is just how he is, though. Something to get used to. I wish I knew more about him before we got together. I don't really know very much yet still. I don't even know his kids' names yet. After my last relationship, I'm afraid to push and pry about anything and that makes it hard to start asking any questions. I didn't push hardly at all in my last relationship, didn't push to meet his family or kids or push to make myself a real part of his life. And that's what probably cost me all of the time I wasted on him. If I had pushed before, I'd have learned the truth a lot sooner and saved myself a lot of insecurity afterwards. But live and learn, right? I don't think Rich would treat me like Ben did at all, but it still makes me leery to question anything. I fell for the song and dance before, I don't want to do it again, my trust has been shaken so I have taken everything a lot slower this time. I understand in Rich's case things are a lot different, because like me, he was the hurt party in the situation he was in. He was the one left for someone else, like I was. Guess we have a bit more in common. Well, we didn't last long at Clearview, April and Tyler had to start moving into their new place early the next morning and Rich planned on going fishing with Danny, the only friend of his I've met, but actually already knew long before I met Rich. It was still an interesting night with meeting our friend, Craig's, date for the night. I'm not going to name names but my mom knows her and they are the same age - 47. He's only 26. I know he likes the older women, but geez! She's got kids OLDER than him! And to be honest, she looks her age. Not all women of that age look it! He knows he's an ass though and seems to take these dates with the "cougars" as a laugh. Thinks he's "the man" for nailing older women I guess. But atleast he knows he's an ass...

The next night (Saturday) I got to spend some quality time with Rich and some friends. Which is why I LIVE for my weekends! When I first started going out, I always went to Titusville, AKA T-Vegas. That's where most of my friends hung out and it just made sense for me to go there. Needless to say, I made new friends there and gained some fans along the way as far as my singing goes. Unfortunately with my working in Warren now, I never get the opportunity to really go to T-Vegas and with a few of my friends hating to go out there due to the heavy surveillance by the police as far as the bars go. But anyway, because April and Tyler (those who dislike it most) were moving this weekend, I decided that we should head out to T-Vegas for the night and see some old friends. Steph, Dustin, Barb, and Bill came a long too and it turned out to be a really nice night with some people I've missed...and some who have apparently missed me too! Dustin and I busted out some karaoke and wowed the crowd like we always do, getting lots of well-appreciated compliments. I have to say that I've definitely missed the crowd at the old (yet new) Diamond Lunch! One disappointment though, was finding out that Erie Idol auditions had been the night before and I had missed them...such is my luck! I think I really would have auditioned this year too! I guess there's always next year...I found out the people that won a chance to the next round were some of my old karaoke contest circuit partners...Becky and Jay. Many times we traded winning positions in different contests, so I wish them goodluck and you're lucky I wasn't there! Hahahaha! People were a bit surprised to learn that I've changed a few of my songs and have added a few rock tunes that always seem to impress. Probably never would have even tried them if it weren't for "Cassies" in Warren. That bar is all about hard rock karaoke and I have never seen anything like it. Figured I had to learn something as close to hard rock as I could if I planned on coming back! Though I have to admit that they've come to accept the fact that I'm gonna bust out a country song every once in awhile and I think I paved the way for others to be brave enough to do it too! Guess I've paid my "rock dues"!

Sunday night was my uncle's fiancee's birthday. *Sigh* I'm almost hesitant to say what I really think of their situation here. In fear that maybe it might come back to bite me in the ass if I actually put it out there. Obviously by saying that, I'm not in agreement with his choice for a life partner. She's just not really what I ever pictured him settling down with. I don't see where they really have anything in common. I understand that opposites can sometimes attract but I still can't wrap my mind around him spending the rest of his life with her. Unfortunately my uncle is one of those people you can't tell stuff like this to. Actually my WHOLE family is filled with those people! Myself included! We just don't like to hear it. We are all worrying that he might just be settling because he doesn't want to be alone. I love my uncle a lot. He and I have a pretty good relationship. We even make a point of having lunch together every weekend and catch up. He really is a great guy and deserves someone who gets him and has a real connection with him. Not just settle for someone who has "put in the time". They've never even lived together and she's pushing for them to get married by September. Are they going to live in separate houses? She lives in town, he lives in the country and I just don't see either one moving into the other's home. I just don't see where this would ever work out. She's very high maintenance and he's the polar opposite. Of course, he can probably see more in her than we can, but what we see, most of us don't like. And don't even get me started on her kids! Well, just one of them anyway. Let's just say I hope he grows out of it. I really do just wish the best for my uncle. He deserves someone who makes him truly happy and the more I see this wedding pushed on him, the less happy he seems. Guess we'll have to wait an dsee what happens on September 13th, whether he makes it to the altar or not. I've been asked (by her) to sing at the wedding...I told her it'd cost her. Hahaha...

Work has been okay, for the most part. A few more heads have rolled since they started the drug test head-hunting. A lot of speculation has been thrown around about who the suspected "narc" is...and we'll probably never know the truth. I know it's not me, so that's all that matters. I'd hate to be the person who is if it ever comes out! I've never really had to worry about any drug tests myself, I'm a clean girl! I'm not going to play innocent and say I've never tried it, but it was never for me and nothing I felt the need to bring into my life. All I know is that those who partake around here had better drop it for a little while otherwise they might be joining those already in the unemployment line! I've never really understood the addiction to anything...other than food and asshole men, obviously! I've never been one to be a heavy drinker. I've had a few bouts with smoking, but it was just as easy to not pick one up as it is to pick one up. I could smoke for a month and then put it down with no need to pick one up for a year. Guess I've just been fortunate to not have one of those addictive personalites! But to each their own, as I always say! They've started to crack down on attendance here as well. Not that I have a lot of reason to worry about that either! They're implementing a "point system" now and it has a few people up in arms about it. Every time you call off, regardless of the situation, you get a point. If you leave early, you get half a point, despite the fact it was your decision to leave or if the supervisor told you to leave. If you get 3 points, you get a verbal warning. If you get 4 points, you get a written warning. After 5 points, you're done, terminated. Now this isn't a terrible system if you already have good or relatively good attendance and it's our own faults (well those employees that took advantage of the old system) that we're being put to this system. Though it's not completely fair to those of us who have followed the rules. Also if you need a day off and you have no vacation time life, you are not immediately excused for the day, but are put in "pending" status. If someone else needs that day off or we're busy, you're expected to work. This does NOT bode well with me. After I was in the hospital, I lost all but one day of my vactaion time and now I need a day off in August and I made a point to put in my request WAY in advance (yesterday). I'm going to see Daughtry in concert in Meadville and have already bought the nearly $100 tickets. But even though I was considerate enough to let them know months in advance, I'm being put in "pending" status. This wasn't my boss' decision, she was ready to give it to me, but the powers that be told her otherwise. This is partially because I'm taking a week's vacation in September (my first REAL vacation in years! A week on Topsail Island, NC! Can't wait!) and she's already told me I have that time off regardless of whether or not I have any time left. I am not missing this concert. The tickets were too much for me to miss it and it's only one damn night. I'm willing to take the night not paid. And hell, if it comes down to it I'll just call off and take a damn point. And I don't call off unless I am totally incapacitated with a migraine usually. Give me two if you want. I am NOT missing this concert!

That's the other interesting thing that's happened...I ended up with 4 tickets to the Daughtry concert...oops! I had Steph and Dustin order me two tickets this morning when they got theirs so we could sit together, then called to tell Mom I'd already got them, but she'd already ordered me 2 for my birthday. Fortunately a few of my friends are Daughtry fans (how could you not be!), so I sent out a text to them all and within a minute I had them sold to my friend Barb. So thanks Barb! I won't be sitting with all of them but I've got center seats a little bit farther back, but dead center in the track at the Crawford County Fair. Can't wait to see that sexy bald-headed rockstar! He definitely has a few songs that get me!

Well, guess that's all for today...who knows, maybe I'll feel froggy enough to bust out bit more later...

1 comments:

Jenifer Williams said...

Hey Jess!

Just wanted to say hello and that I love your blog and all the pics! Don't worry about the beau...Charlie was the exact same way - quiet, shy. I thought he didn't like me when I first met him. The fact that your man is making friends with all of the people who are important to you is definitely a plus. You two look so cute together, too! I'm so happy for you. And that is so great that you got to sing with Black Widow!!! I've seen them a few times - they friggin' rock! Ever thought about checking out American Idol? Take care!