CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

After All...

I know not too long ago I wrote a blog about the lack of a best friend in my life and there was a lot of response to that from those who still mean a lot to me as friends – just wanted you all to know that – but anyway, after writing it I decided to put my theory to the test and just observed my friend “interactions”. I realize now that I do I have a best friend. Now, as I explained to her because I did let her know how I felt, it’s not always the easy or expected choice when you decide who this person will be in your life. It doesn’t have to be a family member, though for a long time I thought it was for me. And I don’t want you to get me wrong on this either, I still consider them to be a pair of the closest friends I have. But I recently realized that the one person I always come back to, the one I always rely on, the one I get the goofiest with, is April. She has been there or tried to be there for all the special moments I’ve had, even the ones that seem relatively insignificant to others. She’s always given me an honest, non-jaded, non-condescending opinion on things and rarely judges the choices I make. There’s no belittling anything I say. And we’ve come to that point where you know you’re spending a lot of time with someone because we either end up wearing something similar (and no we don’t call each other up and ask what the other’s wearing) or saying the same things. She’s been a great friend and I feel lucky that we met (again) those few years ago at Louis’ palace. It’s kind of a comfort to know that I DO have that someone I can confide in, lean on, and confess to without any “looks” or put downs or eye rolling or ridicule. And for that…I’ll love her forever!
Me and April

0 comments: