CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, May 3, 2008

Full Circle Of Friendship

Last night was a really surprising night for me. Now in most senses it was the same old same old - work, Clearview, that's about it. But one short conversation definitely put a positive spin on an average Friday. Someone that I have had a very strained and awkward relationship with for several years due to some incidents of which we were both responsible, told me that he still cared about me a lot and missed how things used to be between us. This was something I had been feeling for a long time but not knowing how he thought about it made me not want to push the issue, plus with our "uncomfortableness" with the situation, I don't think either one of us wanted it to appear like we were trying to be more than just friends again. I didn't know how to approach him anymore, didn't know if we were even friends anymore. And this was someone I had considered my first real guy friend, he was really in all senses of the word, my best friend. We had so much in common, just seemed to click on the our opinions of things and just had an instant comfort with each other. Something I have a hard time finding sometimes. When I met him, and I do still remember the day very clearly, I knew he was going to be something special and important in my life. And he certainly has. Back when things were still good, he was that unbiased mind that I went to for advice, someone who at times comforted me when I was hurt or depressed. Someone who didn't judge me. And I have missed that so much. I never thought I'd get the chance to get it back after all that had happened. But last night he gave me a little spark of a light at the end of the tunnel by saying he thinks we can get it back and agreed with me in the hopes that it will happen. It was just really good to know that I wasn't the only one who felt the way I was feeling, that I missed our friendship and that despite it all still loved each other as a friend. That I wasn't the only one who missed having that someone who gets it to talk to. So here's to that actually happening and that we've come full circle in the drama we created for ourselves. Here's to finding that friendship once again.

0 comments: